top of page

Eddie Hearn exploring different options for Anthony Joshua as Dillian Whyte fight fell off


The former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, says he won't be able to work out a deal with Dillian Whyte for a rematch in August.


The experienced promoter started looking at alternative options after Hearn said last week that Whyte and his management deemed his offer to be unacceptable.


“So we spoke last night to [Whyte's] team and this morning," Hearn told IFL TV. "We made an offer, and they felt that offer was unacceptable. We may be too far out on the money to make that fight. We’re looking at two other opponents for August 12. The key for us, if we can’t make the Deontay Wilder fight it’s not that it has to be Dillian. AJ wants it, that’s the fight AJ wanted."


Hearn has now offered an update, explaining that Whyte is no longer in the running to face Joshua on a proposed date in the month of August.


“We made him an offer which they made it clear was nowhere near their expectations, and, quite honestly, there were very little negotiations after that. He never asked for ten million. Not sure where that came from," Hearn told Boxing Social.


Hearn is now on the hunt for a durable opponent to prepare Joshua for a possible December showdown with former WBC champion Deontay Wilder in Saudi Arabia.


"Anyone in the top fifteen. I don’t mind being honest – AJ’s going to fight Deontay Wilder in December - that’s our 100% focus. So he needs a fight against someone who’s going to allow him to work on, under the lights, everything he’s been working on with Derrick James. There’s no point fighting a fight that’s against someone he’s going to take out in a round.




Comentarios


bottom of page