top of page

Oscar De La Hoya sues Ryan Garcia


Golden Boy Promotions, run by Oscar De La Hoya, has sued Ryan Garcia, the star performer for the company.


On Friday, a week after Garcia's legal team gave the promotions a demand letter alleging that they had broken contractual commitments, the case was submitted in the U.S. District Court of Nevada. Allegations centred on a conflict between Garcia's agreement and GBP's exclusive contract with DAZN.


According to the 10-page complaint, as reported by Boxing Scene, Garcia's lawyer has directly hindered Golden Boy's capacity to interact with Garcia and has prohibited him from negotiating the best deals.


The promoter also charges Valencia with meddling with the negotiations for Garcia's fight with Davis, which has been his most important matchup to date. Additionally, it is said that she stopped the Mexican-American fighter from negotiating with promoters and potential opponents.


In the document, Golden Boy describes Garcia's position as "absurd" because his promotional agreement is null and invalid and cannot be enforced.


"Golden Boy has been proud to have worked with Ryan Garcia for the last several years and to help catapult him to the kind of stardom that led to the biggest pay-per-view event in years just two months ago," Golden Boy said in a statement released to multiple media outlets.
"With this filing, we are seeking to ensure that Ryan and his team will honor the remainder of his contract, a contract that Ryan himself called 'one of the most lucrative boxing deals for a prospect in the history of the sport.'
"Since then, Ryan has moved on to becoming a legitimate contender, and we will continue to present Ryan with the best possible opponents that can eventually lead the way to a world championship and historic legacy.

Comentarios


bottom of page