🔄
top of page

Search Results

Search this site

8583 results found with an empty search

  • Loma knows rematch with Haney will never happen.

    Loma stated in an interview that he knows Haney will not give him a rematch because he knows he lost. He believes Haney owes it to boxing. Loma would love to have those legendary rematches or even trilogies like in the 80's but knows he will move up in weight to forget about him and face lesser opposition just to play it safe.

  • Beterbiev is open to a mega fight against Canelo.

    Unified lightheavyweight champ Artur Beterbiev puts Canelo on the top of the food chain and says he is the best 168 pounder. When asked that Benavides is also coming to the lightheavyweight division he said he prefers a bigger test fighting Canelo because of his elusiveness and good head movement and respectable punching power. On the other hand he believes Benavides would be an easier fight for him because of Benavides style.

  • Arlovski is still a beast at 44.

    After dominating the heavyweight división for years and being UFC world champion, foward 22 years later and he is still fighting in the UFC and fighting in the highest level in mma and at 44 years of age! We know hes done some acting but he always comes back home to fighting and to the UFC. He has also competed in other organizations but always ends up coming back to the UFC. He currentlyhas the record for most wins in the heavyweight división. Its really amazing that at 44 he can still compete at this level in mma and still being relavent.

  • Aaron Pico vs. Pedro Carvalho Booked for Bellator Dublin

    Excitement is building in the world of mixed martial arts as top-ranked Bellator featherweights, Aaron Pico and Pedro Carvalho, prepare to clash at the highly anticipated Dublin show on September 23. Officials from the promotion have confirmed that this electrifying matchup will take place at the renowned 3Arena in Ireland, setting the stage for an epic showdown. Both fighters bring their unique skill sets and relentless determination to the cage, promising a thrilling battle that fans won't want to miss. Pico, with a record of 11 wins and 4 losses, is coming off a hard-earned decision victory over James Gonzalez in April. Before that, he experienced a setback in 2022 against Jeremy Kennedy, where a shoulder injury forced him to relinquish the fight in the first round. Nevertheless, Pico has an impressive six-fight winning streak leading up to that encounter, showcasing his potential to dominate the division. On the other side of the octagon, Carvalho looks to bounce back after a recent defeat to Kennedy earlier this year in Dublin. The Portuguese fighter, with a record of 13 wins and 7 losses, has had a significant portion of his career unfold in the vicinity of his MMA team SBG. Carvalho emerged victorious in two of his previous three fights held in that neighborhood, defeating Mads Burnell and Daniel Weichel. Determined to regain his winning form, Carvalho will bring his tenacity and formidable skills to the Dublin event. The Dublin show promises to be an unforgettable night of fights, with a stacked card featuring some of Bellator's most promising talent. In the main event, Birmingham's own Fabian Edwards will challenge Johnny Eblen for the middleweight title. Additionally, fans can look forward to captivating clashes such as Mads Burnell vs. Daniel Weichel, Sinead Kavanagh vs. Sara Collins, and many more exciting matchups that will undoubtedly leave spectators on the edge of their seats. Bellator Dublin has become synonymous with thrilling fights and passionate crowds, creating an electric atmosphere that fighters feed off. The historic 3Arena will once again host this epic event, providing the perfect backdrop for Pico and Carvalho to showcase their skills and determination. With both fighters hungry for victory and aiming to make a statement in the stacked featherweight division, the stage is set for an explosive encounter that could potentially steal the show. Mark your calendars for September 23 and prepare for an unforgettable night of world-class mixed martial arts action in the heart of Dublin.

  • Callum Smith is confident of knocking out Artur Beterbiev

    Callum Smith, a contender at light heavyweight, believes he has the force to knock Artur Beterbiev out. Smith will go to Canada on August 19 to face Beterbiev for the WBC, IBF, and WBO light heavyweight world belts. All 19 of the champion's opponents have been destroyed by the unbeaten fighter. Smith, a former super middleweight champion, is highly motivated to win gold in a second weight class. Beterbiev, while fearsome, is getting up there in age and he took more punishment than usual in his most recent win over Anthony Yarde. After losing a lopsided twelve round decision to Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in 2020, Smith moved up to 175-pounds and he's looked like a more dangerous fighter at the higher weight. Despite his age, Beterbiev will be a tremendous favorite to win the fight. Smith, however, is paying no attention to the odds. "I believe I knock him out. I'm confident in my own power," Smith told Sky Sports. "That doesn't mean I think it's an easy fight. I think it's a very tough fight whilst it lasts but I just think he has been hurt and if I see other people hurt him then I definitely believe I can too. "I'm very meticulous in what I do, and I'll be prepared for the toughest 12-rounds of my career, whether we need them or not, we'll have to wait and see but the goal is to go over there, beat him, take his three belts and return home. I've become a world champion but I want to be a two-weight world champion. I think as a fighter you always want more, and I worked hard to get into this position. I've finally got my chance to achieve my dream and it's a fight I'm excited about and a chance I plan on taking."

  • PFL champ Rob Wilkinson pulled from the 2023 season due to a positive drug test

    Rob Wilkinson, the former PFL light heavyweight champion, has suffered a major setback in his career. He has been removed from the ongoing 2023 season after testing positive for a banned substance. Confidential sources have confirmed this news following an initial report from MMA Mania. The specific substance found in Wilkinson's system has not been disclosed yet. However, the Nevada Athletic Commission, where he last competed in April, is expected to act against him, potentially imposing sanctions. As a consequence, Wilkinson will be unable to participate in the 2023 season, and his scheduled bout against Ty Flores on June 8 will now feature veteran light heavyweight Dan Spohn. Wilkinson joins a growing list of fighters eliminated from the PFL season due to positive drug tests. Before him, nine other athletes were flagged by the Nevada Athletic Commission, including his recent opponent Thiago Santos, who tested positive for the banned substance clomiphene. Santos is currently serving a temporary suspension while awaiting an adjudication agreement. A meeting is scheduled for June, during which the Nevada Athletic Commission is expected to discuss Wilkinson's case and determine the appropriate sanctions. This marks the tenth instance of a fighter being removed from the PFL season due to positive drug tests, highlighting the challenges faced by the league in 2023. Wilkinson's rise to prominence occurred during the 2022 season, where he impressively defeated all his opponents by knockout or TKO, securing the coveted $1 million prize in the finals. Unfortunately, his recent unanimous decision win over Santos has now been overshadowed by the failed drug test, leaving his future in the sport uncertain. The Nevada Athletic Commission's decision in Wilkinson's case will be eagerly anticipated by fans and pundits alike. It serves as a reminder that fair play and integrity are crucial in mixed martial arts. The fight against the use of banned substances continues, emphasizing the importance of upholding the sport's reputation and credibility. Rob Wilkinson's positive drug test is a reminder that even accomplished fighters are not immune to the consequences of violating anti-doping regulations.

  • Devin Haney eyes Regis Prograis fight next at 140 lbs

    Devin Haney appears to want to step up for a risky fight straight soon if he is to realign with Matchroom Boxing and DAZN. During an appearance on "The DAZN Boxing Show" on Tuesday, promoter Eddie Hearn disclosed that Haney had informed him that his next opponent would be Regis Prograis. Since his three-bout contract with Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc. and DiBella Entertainment expired following his fight against Vasiliy Lomachenko on May 20, the undefeated, undisputed lightweight champion is now a promotional free agent. Prograis just inked a three-fight promotional contract with Hearn's Matchroom Boxing. On June 17 at the Smoothie King Centre in New Orleans, if the much favoured Prograis (28-1, 24 KOs) defeats Puerto Rico's Danielito Zorrilla (17-1, 13 KOs), Hearn plans to start talks for a Prograis-Haney matchup for Prograis' WBC super lightweight title. “[Haney] called me the other night,” Hearn told co-hosts Barak Bess and Akin Reyes. “We had a great conversation. He wants to fight Regis Prograis. You know, it’s a tremendous fight. He wants to move up to 140. He wants a belt. And, you know, I said to him, ‘You’ve gotta be a little bit careful,’ because part of his value right now is that he’s undisputed. So, when he moves up a division, that’s the risk that he’s taking from there. “But he has identified Regis Prograis as the fight that he wants. I think it’s an unbelievable fight. Regis loves the fight. Obviously he’s got Zorrilla first on June 17th. He’s gotta come, he's gotta smash him to pieces and he’s gotta [call] out Devin Haney. We’ve gotta get them guys together. We’ve gotta get the right number for both guys and I believe we can make that happen.” Prior to signing a three-fight contract with Top Rank and DiBella Entertainment in March 2022, Matchroom promoted each of Haney's previous six fights. All six of those fights were broadcast on DAZN as well. Haney (30-0, 15 KOs) has always admitted that it is extremely difficult for him to stay under the 135-pound limit for lightweights. After defeating Lomachenko, the 24-year-old product of Oakland, California, acknowledged that his reign as the IBF, WBA, WBC, and WBO lightweight champion might be coming to an end. Throughout his 11-year professional career, Prograis, 34, has fought at or close to the junior welterweight limit of 140 pounds. The powerful southpaw from New Orleans has faced former undisputed 140-pound champion Josh Taylor (19-0, 13), who he has only lost to in a 12-round majority decision.

  • Rasul Magomedov to make his MMA Debut with Brave CF

    Rasul Magomedov will make his official MMA debut in June under the umbrella of Brave CF. Magomedov is one of the very few men to have ever defeated legendary wrestler Kyle Snyder in a freestyle contest. Magomedov will weigh 205 pounds and take on Mohamed Hisham Baraka (1-0) at Brave CF 72 in Bahrain on June 23, according to officials with the promotion. Magomedov has won 13 consecutive amateur mixed martial arts fights, winning two IMMAF World Championship titles as a heavyweight in the process. “My amateur career helped me a lot,” Magomedov told MMA Fighting of his decision to turn pro in 2023. “After hundreds of fights in wrestling and sambo, I didn’t feel the pressure of competition in MMA. I see this happening a lot with fighters who start straight in MMA, so I didn’t have the pressure.” Magomedov said that combat sambo is “very similar to mixed martial arts, so when I did make my debut in amateur MMA, it wasn’t completely new to me.” Magomedov scored three knockouts and one submission across 13 amateur MMA bouts.

  • Arjan Bhullar doubles down on wanting to fight Francis Ngannou

    Arjan Bhullar, the ONE Heavyweight Champion, has engaged in serious talks about a potential cross-promotional matchup with Francis Ngannou. Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Ngannou just announced his partnership with the PFL. The agreement will also provide 'The Predator' the room he needs to pursue his interest in professional boxing. While Bhullar has held the title of ONE heavyweight champion for more than two years, he hasn't competed since winning the title after defeating Brandon Vera at ONE: Dangal in April 2021. Bhullar was recently questioned about whether or not he would be interested in taking on "The Predator." Bhullar acknowledged having some interest in Ngannou but was quick to clarify that, for the time being, he is concentrating on his next fight with Anatoly Malykhin. "Yes and no. June 23rd, I've got a date," Bhullar said. "I've gotta take care of that, but after that, nothing else, it's all just talk. So no in terms of that, but if we're just talking, we're sitting on a podcast, then yes, definitely." Bhullar continued by speculating that the $2,000,000 minimum wage for Ngannou's potential rivals most likely only applies to PFL roster members. Bhullar thinks he could make a lot more money by competing against "The Predator" in a promotion. Bhullar, who has Indian ancestry, thought that India would certainly have a high viewership for the fight. "I think there's significantly more, in terms of myself, there's no other heavyweight on the planet that could bring 800 million eyeballs, [through]Star sports [broadcaster of ONE Championship in India], to the table being a champion with that."

  • Tszyu v.s Ocampo is still on.

    Intrim WBO world champ Tim Tszyu got attacked by a dog and was operated on emergency. Tszyu was bitten on his right arm with only three weeks till his fight with Ocampo on june 18th in Austrailia for the intrim superwelterweight world WBO championship. Tszyu's mánager Glenn Jennings stated that everything went well post operation and feels Tyszu will be ready to fight. So it appears the fight is still on.

  • Beneil Dariush promises 'absolute domination' of former champ Charles Oliveira at UFC 289

    In what promises to be a thrilling clash, Beneil Dariush is gearing up to take on former lightweight champion Charles Oliveira at UFC 289 on June 10. Set to unfold at the esteemed Rogers Arena in Vancouver, this highly anticipated matchup has captured the attention of fight fans worldwide. Not only is it a fan-favorite pairing, but it also holds the potential to determine the next title challenger for the reigning 155-pound kingpin, Islam Makhachev. Dariush, a seasoned contender in the lightweight division, knows the challenge that lies ahead when facing Oliveira, and he couldn't be more excited about it. With an impressive record of 22 wins, 4 losses, and 1 draw in MMA, including 16 victories in the UFC, Dariush has proven himself to be a formidable force in the octagon. However, he understands the importance of a calculated approach to secure a coveted title shot. Nevertheless, the idea of going toe-to-toe with the Brazilian powerhouse resonates deeply with Dariush. He acknowledges Oliveira's reputation as one of the most electrifying fighters in the division, boasting an astonishing UFC record of 19 stoppage wins. Whether it's in the striking or grappling realm, Oliveira's wild and sometimes frantic style keeps spectators on the edge of their seats. “I actually get more pumped up about the grappling,” Dariush said. “I’m not going to lie, to get into some of the scrambles with him and to be able to kind of just go nuts on the ground. That’s just as exciting as the standup is. An opportunity to have this fight on the ground, I’m actually really looking forward to that. Because you see him submit so many people, and you wonder how good his jiu-jitsu is. But then at the same time, you see him lose when he shouldn’t lose in the grappling, so I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on him and getting a feel of his grappling.” Interestingly, Dariush isn't just excited about showcasing his skills on the feet; he's equally eager to test his mettle against Oliveira in the grappling domain. Knowing the Brazilian's proficiency in both aspects of the game, Dariush is prepared for an all-encompassing battle that could see them engage in an intense ground war. “The focus of this fight is to be perfect,” Dariush said. “Personally, the way I see it is domination. I plan on dominating this fight. I want to remind people. because I think my last fight was kind of close. … The fight will be an absolute domination, is what it’s going to be. I will do what I plan to do, and there’s nothing he can do to stop it. That’s what I hope for.” Originally slated to collide at UFC 288, the matchup was delayed, but now it appears to be set in stone. Dariush has seized every opportunity to throw shade in Oliveira's direction, adding an extra layer of intrigue to this already captivating contest. As fight night approaches, the anticipation for this clash of lightweight titans continues to build. With a potential title shot hanging in the balance, Dariush is aware that a measured and strategic approach is key. However, his enthusiasm to face Oliveira head-on suggests that fans can expect an absolute spectacle when these two warriors step into the octagon at UFC 289.

  • Conor Mcgregor: 'Michael Chandler is getting kicked in the head'

    Conor McGregor has bad intentions in store for Michael Chandler. The former two-division UFC Champion hasn’t fought since UFC 264, where he broke his leg in a loss to bitter rival Dustin Poirier. After two years away from the Octagon, McGregor is making his comeback against the very dangerous Chandler. Despite not having a date yet for their upcoming fight, ‘Mystic Mac’ has already attempted to predict the future against Chandler. McGregor believes his kicks will be the key to a very violent victory versus ‘Iron’ Mike. “The greatest return in combat sports this is going to be,” McGregor told Megan Olivi in an interview. “I’m gonna kick this guy in the head. He’s just tailor-made for being kicked all over the place, and that’s what I’m aiming for. “I’m aiming to wrap this steel bar around the opponent. You’re gonna see a visual of the leg hanging off, and then you’re going to see a visual of the head hanging off. So I’m excited for that and I’m motivated for that. Steady, making my way towards it. “ Having no shortage of options to choose from, McGregor explains why Chandler is the right opponent for his return fight. “He’s put on some exciting fights,” McGregor said of Chandler. “He’s eager, he’s willing to fight. He’s a gamer, you’d call him. He’s not a bad fighter either, so I’m happy with the opponent. I don’t actually care. I accepted this [The Ultimate Fighter] show — it was me and Chandler. Again, it doesn’t bother me.”

bottom of page