top of page

Tommy Fury Wins Controversial Majority Decision in Uninspiring Showdown, KSI Cries Foul

In an uneventful main event that had fans and fighters alike scratching their heads, Tommy Fury managed to secure a narrow majority decision win over KSI, but it's unlikely to be remembered as a classic in the world of combat sports.

Tommy Fury, the 24-year-old former reality TV star and sibling to the renowned heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, didn't do much to impress in the six-round fight against KSI. The majority of the bout was spent in a lackluster clinch, with neither fighter delivering much action to excite the audience.

The judges' scores came back with a result that mirrored the uninspiring contest, registering at 57-56, 57-56, and 57-57, awarding Fury the victory by the slimmest of margins.

After the fight, Fury expressed his feelings, stating,

"I gave it my all in there. That's all you can do. From day one, I've made it clear that I'm not trying to be another Tyson Fury. I'm just striving to be the best Tommy Fury I can be. It was a challenging bout, but in the end, we secured the win. I'm done with all these crossover matchups. I'm finished with the nonsense."

On the other side, KSI was incensed by the decision, particularly due to Fury losing a point in the second round for repeated blows to the back of the head. KSI lamented the continual fouls, contending that the referee penalized Fury only once and should have been stricter.

"Robbery," exclaimed KSI in response to the decision. "How many jabs did you land? You weren't connecting. Look at your face, look at your eyes. I want to appeal. It's outrageous. I genuinely thought I won."

The bout itself was characterized as a contest between a brawler and a boxer. KSI employed unconventional tactics and managed to land a significant right hand early in the first round. Fury, the more skilled pugilist, had difficulty finding his rhythm against KSI's erratic movements.

The majority of the action occurred in the clinch, where both fighters failed to land meaningful blows, and the referee was slow to intervene. Fury's frustration grew as he struggled to connect with his punches. It appeared that his strategy was to clinch with KSI and wear him down.

Although Fury did land a well-timed right hand in the third round, he was unable to create a substantial lead or secure a knockout. Rare moments outside the clinch resulted in exchanges that followed the same pattern: Fury threw punches, KSI responded, and then they clinched again.

Despite his status as the superior boxer, Fury couldn't distinguish himself, resulting in a closely contested match. While Fury emerged victorious, the fight did little to enhance his reputation after his victory over Jake Paul in February.


bottom of page