Former two-time world champion Connor McGregor has announced that he wants to compete for the UFC lightweight belt in return for next year. The 33-year-old Irishman is currently sidelined after suffering a broken leg during the UFC 264 defeat at the hands of Dustin Poirier in July, which dashed the former two-time world champion's hopes of regaining his title. Given Like he wants to get back. Since then, however, McGregor has brazenly targeted Gold in a set of tweets on Monday. "I'm facing the one who has the next LW title. Deal with it," McGregor wrote. As for the lightweight belt, it is currently held by Charles Oliveira, with Poirier competing with Charles Oliveira for the lightweight throne next month, as well as Justin Gathage and Islam Makhachev for a shot at UFC Gold. Strong claims are made, McGregor, however, appears to be somewhat out of the challenge for the crown. Despite this, the infamous Zamana insists that he will walk into the title shot after recovering from a leg injury. Last month, McGregor also said he was ready to fight lightweight contender Michael Chandler. The former ballet champion, 35, has lost his last two bouts - to Oliveira and Gethsemane - but is still in the top five, while McGregor is ninth. UFC chief Dana White said earlier this month that McGregor would return as headliner once he was fully fit. "He is still one of the top 10 boys in the world. I mean, he's still one of the top 10 guys in the world, "he told Pride MyTech. "It will depend on who he is fighting and things like that, but yes, the return of Connor [McGregor] is a headline." The question is, Who would you like to see McGregor with?